Common Cosmetic Surgery Procedures for Men
Both men and women want to look their best, and cosmetic surgery for men is becoming increasingly more common and acceptable. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery reports that males in the United States are undergoing more than 1 million plastic surgeries or cosmetic treatments each year. The male grooming regiment to look youthful into their 40s, 50s or 60s may include diet, exercise, skincare products and cosmetic surgery. More men are turning to cosmetic surgery to look their personal best. The Top 5 most common cosmetic surgical procedures for men are:
- Nose Reshaping- The number one most common cosmetic surgery for men is nose reshaping, or rhinoplasty, to even out the proportions of the face.
- Eyelid Surgery- The second most commonly requested cosmetic procedure is eyelid surgery. An eyelid lift can fix fatty bulges, excess skin, wrinkles or discoloration around the eyes.
- Liposuction- Many men request liposuction to get rid of excess fat on parts of their bodies such as the “spare tire” around their waist.
- Hair Transplantation- An aging concern, men turn to hair transplants to fill in bald spots and receding hair lines.
- Breast Reduction- Breast reduction is actually a common procedure for men to reduce the size of sagging, aging breasts.
For men who are unsure of whether to take the step, Dr. Fredric Barr of Palm Beach Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery says, “There has to be a two-way dialogue…to see what the physician can provide the patient. If the patient has a certain area they want to explore and see what options are available to them, it must be done with the doctor to discuss pros and cons for them and then a decision can be made.”
To learn more, click here to watch a video of Dr. Fredric Barr discussing cosmetic surgery for men.